It has been a while since I posted so I do apologise, but I am trying to balance my day job with also blogging! So, here we are, these tartlets are super yummy, require minimal ingredients and have an awesome protein kick without any protein powders! The protein source comes from silken tofu to make the filling…… can you believe it?! I have wanted to use tofu in a dessert for such a long time and it has turned out so well in this recipe.
All you need is 4 tart pans, a food processor and you will be using your oven and freezer.
1/2 cup almonds
1/2 cup medjoul dates
1/4 cup millet flakes
1 tbsp peanut butter
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp raw cocoa powder
1 pack of silken tofu (I used Clearspring brand)
1 heaped tbsp raw cocoa powder
1/3 cup maple syrup (you may want to add more during the process so test and see how sweet you want it)
- Firstly preheat your oven to 160 degrees fan and decide whether you need to line your tart pans (I didn’t but I advise if you want to take them out to present then do so, unless you have ones that can remove the bottom for easy removal)
- To your food processor add all base ingredients and blitz until a dough is formed. Then press the mixture into your tart tins using your hands, don’t make them super thick as you want to pour your mixture into them and still see the nice outer edge of your tarts!
- Bake them for 10-12 minutes.
- Whilst these are baking, add your filling ingredients to the processor and pulse until a smooth and creamy mixture is formed. Add maple to taste.
- Once the bases are baked, allow to cool for about 10 minuets. You then want to pour the filling into each tart evenly and place into the freezer until you want to garnish and serve or for at least 30 minutes.
- Top with the raspberries and cacoa nibs and enjoy!!