Thesee turned out delicious, they are perfect paired with the Black Bean Burger (previous post) or topped with absolutely anything you fancy! They are nice and fluffy in the middle and slight crisp to the outside! You could totally turn this mixture sweet and make chickpea pancakes too!
300g gram (chickpea) flour
1.5 tsp baking powder
Pinch salt and pepper
1 tbsp parsley
Sprinkle of nutri yeast
Sprinkle Bouillon vegan stock
1 clove garlic minced or use garlic powder
Dash of other spices of choice
Olive oil for frying
- Using a large mixing bowl, add in absolutely everything and mix until well incorporated. The mixture will be slightly thick. Allow to sit for 5 mins before you start frying.
- Once this has sat, heat your pan on a medium heat with the oil. Using a ladle or tablespoon, plop the mixture in (I made 1 at a time to avoid them joining). You want to keep it at this heat to avoid burning. They need just a minute or 2 each side.
- Ensure to scrape away any burnt bit or residue in the pan between each one you fry, this will avoid the outside tasting funny or going more darker in colour!
- As each one is done let them rest on a plate and you can serve immediately or store for meal prep! Enjoy:)
Apologies for the lack of content, life gets in the way and I feel like I’m getting withdrawal symptoms from not making as much! This quick recipe is such a good idea for light on the go lunch or as a snack. Being plant based and missing one thing…egg muffins!! So discovered an alternative that tastes just as good without the egg YAY!
1 and 3/4 cup chickpea flour
2 cups water
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
Salt and pepper
(veggies you pick can be optional but here’s what I used)
1 red pepper
2 spring onions (mine were fairly large)
Sprinkle of paprika
Sprinkle of thyme
- Firstly preheat your oven to 180 fan / 400 farenheit and line a muffin tray with cases or oil them to avoid sticking.
- Next dice up all your veggies and put to one side whilst making batter.
- Whisk in a bowl the chickpea flour, water, nutritional yeast, thyme, paprika, salt and pepper and baking powder until incorporated well. Then add in all your veggies and whisk these in well.
- Then using a 1/4 measuring cup pour the mixture into 12 muffin holes/cases. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes!
- Once out allow to cool slightly before taking them out the pan/cases to eat or you can store these in the fridge and freezer! Enjoy:)
Been wanting to try this one for a while now, as it is naturally gluten free and no rising is needed, YAY! I decided to top my bread with sunflower and pumpkin seeds for a crunch and it also adds flavour plus extra nutrients. Double YAY!!
300g chickpea flour AKA gram flour
1 tsp baking powder (ensure gluten free if necessary)
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
Pinch of salt
Pinch of sugar
2 tbsp Olive oil
240ml unsweetened almond milk
Splash of water
Sunflower and pumpkin seeds to top (optional)
- Firstly preheat your oven to 160 fan / 350 Fahrenheit and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- To a bowl, add all dry ingredients and mix well. Then add in all your wet ingredients and incorporate so the mixture is smooth and runny.
- Pour into your loaf tin and bake in oven for 50 minutes. The golden yellow colour should come through and the inside nice and spongy.
- This load can be sliced and then frozen if you want to keep for longer or use straight away! You can use it as normal bread, top it with sweet or savoury!