2 cups GF oats
1/4 cup ground almonds
1/4 cup GF all purpose flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill)
2 ripe bananas
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/4 cup coconut sugar
2 tbsp melted coconut oil
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
Pinch vanilla powder
1 flax egg
Optional: Lindt dark chocolate with orange pieces (as much of the bar as you like)
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees fan/180 conventional and line a loaf tin with parchment paper.
- To a bowl mash your bananas and add your flax egg and milk, mix well.
- Add everything else except the Lindt chocolate if using, and mix well.
- Pour mixture into your lined tin then if using the chocolate break as much up as you want and put into the mixture (or if you want it to be more inside then do this in the bowl before you pour into your tin)
- Bake in the centre of your oven for 45 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly before slicing and enjoy!
Been wanting to try this one for a while now, as it is naturally gluten free and no rising is needed, YAY! I decided to top my bread with sunflower and pumpkin seeds for a crunch and it also adds flavour plus extra nutrients. Double YAY!!
300g chickpea flour AKA gram flour
1 tsp baking powder (ensure gluten free if necessary)
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
Pinch of salt
Pinch of sugar
2 tbsp Olive oil
240ml unsweetened almond milk
Splash of water
Sunflower and pumpkin seeds to top (optional)
- Firstly preheat your oven to 160 fan / 350 Fahrenheit and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- To a bowl, add all dry ingredients and mix well. Then add in all your wet ingredients and incorporate so the mixture is smooth and runny.
- Pour into your loaf tin and bake in oven for 50 minutes. The golden yellow colour should come through and the inside nice and spongy.
- This load can be sliced and then frozen if you want to keep for longer or use straight away! You can use it as normal bread, top it with sweet or savoury!