I have really been craving this kind of dish lately, is it just me or don’t you just love the strong flavour of mushrooms, and in a sauce that’s creamy without the dairy is AMAZING! My taste buds are tingling at the thought, I just LOVE mushrooms. Below is a simple recipe you can totally use and thank me later…
500g brown rice spaghetti
1 tin coconut milk
1 tsp Oregano
3 tbsp vegan butter
1 tsp Dijon mustard
3 rashers vegan bacon (I used Finnebrogue)
1 head broccoli
500g mushrooms, I used chestnut
80ml veg stock
4 tbsp GF flour
1 crushed garlic clove
1 diced onion
Salt and Pepper
- Prepare all your veg by chopping, dicing as needed and boil a full kettle of water so that you are prepared.
- To a pan add your broccoli, allow to boil/steam for around 8 minutes or until tender but so it still has a crunch!
- Whilst the broccoli is boiling, add oil of choice to a pan and when hot, add your ‘bacon’. Fry on high for around 5 minutes turning halfway through. You want it slightly crispy.
- Once the broccoli is drained and bacon is finished, sit them to one side. Now heat another larger frying pan with your vegan butter and add the onion.
- After the onion has turned brown, add your sliced mushrooms and garlic, allow them to soften. Then add in your oregano and stir. Whilst this is happening, add your boiled water and spaghetti to a pan and cook accordingly.
- Then, add your flour and continuously stir for a minute. Add your coconut milk and vegetable stock, dijon mustard and stir well. This should thicken up slightly after a few minutes while simmering.
- Lastly you want to season with salt and pepper, add your broccoli and ‘bacon’. Mix in well then add your drained spaghetti.
- Enjoy the creaminess!