Are you a cereal addict? I remember the days (and nights) where I could devour bowl fulls of the stuff but this had a really negative affect on my tummy and caused many issues which were really uncomfortable so I kind of completely cut it out my diet… 😦
But there could be some light at the end of the tunnel because OMG guys if you have not tried to make your own cereal during this lockdown or EVER then you must do now! It is actually super easy and you can make so many variations, much better than the store bought rubbish! I have noticed by making my own cereal it has less of an effect on my stomach as long as I don’t eat to much ha, and it is much healthier for you. I want to make soo many more and share them with you so keep posted to see which ones I come up with.
5 tbsp Tahini
3 tbsp oat milk
1 tsp baking powder
Half cup millet flakes
1/3 cup almond flour
2 tbsp wholemeal spelt flour
50g melted vegan butter
50g coconut sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
Pinch sea salt
- Firstly you want to preheat that oven to 160 degrees fan / 350 Fahrenheit and line a large baking tray or 2 smaller ones with parchment paper.
- In a bowl add all ingredients apart from raisins and stir well until doughy mixture has formed.
- Add in your raisins and using your hand incorporate them well as the mixture will be quite wet.
- Now make small cereal cookie like shapes with the mixture and flatten on your baking tray. You should make about 30-40. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool fully and then enjoy on smoothie bowls, with your fave plant milk, or straight on their own!