ATTENTION! TO ALL CHOCOHOLICS and cake lovers 😀 This is the PERFECT cake for you, it’s easy, refined sugar free, flour free, gluten free and of course vegan!!! Also only 1 bowl needed (we be loving these 1 bowl recipes right?)
This recipe is slightly adapted from LIVIAS as I am oat intolerant so I use millet as a replacement for this. I must say I am so happy with how well I can use this substitute in my goods, it would be good to know if you guys have any other suggestions too! The cake is still oozing with gooeyness and absolutely delicious, no stodge like you get with regular floury cakes so this is a bonus. I admit I could fully eat the entire thing NO SHAME here…
125g millet flakes
280g cashew butter
185ml maple syrup
250ml almond milk unsweetened
150g ground almonds
35g cacoa powder
Pinch of sea salt
135g almond butter
125ml maple syrup
15g cacoa powder
PUFFED RICE TOPPING (optional):
2tsp coconut oil
2tbsp maple syrup
1/2 cup puffed rice
- Firstly preheat that oven to 160 degrees fan / 180 degrees conventional. Line a 8″ cake tin with parchment and set aside.
- Whisk in a bowl, cashew butter, maple, almond milk and cacoa powder until smooth.
- Next add in the ground almonds, millet flakes and salt and use a spoon to stir until batter is formed.
- Pour this into your cake tin and bake in the oven for 30 minutes!
- Whilst the cake is baking you can make your topping if you are adding the puffed rice. Boil the coconut oil and maple until bubbling then add in your puffed rice stir well. Allow them to caramelise (takes about 2 minutes) but stir every now and again to avoid completely burning. Pour them onto a plate and flatten slightly allowing to cool.
- Once cake is done, allow to cool completely before making the frosting. To do this just mix all the frosting ingredients together, then smother on top of your cake!
- Lastly break up your puffed rice, they would have clustered together and sprinkle on top. Serve immediately or keep covered for a few days (I can guarantee this will be eaten day 1!) Happy baking guys!