Apologies for the lack of content, life gets in the way and I feel like I’m getting withdrawal symptoms from not making as much! This quick recipe is such a good idea for light on the go lunch or as a snack. Being plant based and missing one thing…egg muffins!! So discovered an alternative that tastes just as good without the egg YAY!
1 and 3/4 cup chickpea flour
2 cups water
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
Salt and pepper
(veggies you pick can be optional but here’s what I used)
1 red pepper
2 spring onions (mine were fairly large)
Sprinkle of paprika
Sprinkle of thyme
- Firstly preheat your oven to 180 fan / 400 farenheit and line a muffin tray with cases or oil them to avoid sticking.
- Next dice up all your veggies and put to one side whilst making batter.
- Whisk in a bowl the chickpea flour, water, nutritional yeast, thyme, paprika, salt and pepper and baking powder until incorporated well. Then add in all your veggies and whisk these in well.
- Then using a 1/4 measuring cup pour the mixture into 12 muffin holes/cases. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes!
- Once out allow to cool slightly before taking them out the pan/cases to eat or you can store these in the fridge and freezer! Enjoy:)