Super happy with this little creation, I am really obsessed with PB&J atm so it makes perfect sense. It’s fairly quick if you have ground almonds to hand otherwise you will need to process some (only takes 20 mins to roast some almonds and chuck in food processor). I really wanted to create a swirl on top with the jam however it didn’t look as picture perfect but MY GOD TASTES AMAZINGGG and texture is on point!
1 cup natural peanut butter
2 flax eggs ( 2tbsp flax and 6 tbsp water)
1/2 cup coconut sugar
2 tsp vanilla (I used powder form)
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup millet flakes
1/2 cup ground almonds
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
1stp apple cider vinegar
Jam of choice, I used strawberry
More peanut butter
- First preheat your oven to 180 fan / 365 Fahrenheit and line a baking tray with baking paper. I actually used a large brownie pan and this was sufficient.
- Next make your flax egg and let sit for 5 minutes, meanwhile add all dry ingredients to a bowl, give a good stir.
- Then add in all your wet ingredients (not the topping ingredients), and incorporate well to make a mixture that is pourable. Pour into your pan.
- Now you want to use a teaspoon to plot a bit of jam and a bit of peanut butter next to it and space them evenly. So about 3 along and 3 down. Then using a cocktail stick create your swirls!
- Bake in oven for 25 minutes. Once cooled slice into squares and there you have it! Enjoy baking!