Makes 10 fritters
Only requires 1 bowl and 1 frying pan, whip these babies up on the weekend and enjoy along side a salad, yogurt dressing or on their own! You can totally dress these up with what spices you decide to add in.
Now I never usually fry anything, I always roast…but these were an exception. (A good one may I add) I always use olive oil so this makes them typically healthier as opposed to using sunflower or vegetable oil which has high saturated fat content.
80g gram flour (chickpea flour)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tin chickpeas drained and rinsed
1/2 lemon juice
1/2 cup water
1/4 onion of choice
1 clove garlic
Olive oil or other oil of choice for frying
Seasonings of choice about a tsp or 2 of each: chilli, paprika, pepper, cumin
- Start by mixing the gram flour, baking powder, diced onion, diced garlic and seasonings together.
- Next add in your chickpeas, sweetcorn, lemon juice and water and mix until incorporated well. Lastly add in the chopped coriander if you are putting in and give a good stir.
- Heat a glug of oil in your frying pan, and keep the pan at a medium heat. If you make the pan to hot the fritters will burn on outside and not be cooked on inside.
- Once the pan is heated use a tablespoon to evenly spoon the mixture into the hot pan, and allow to fry on each side for a few minutes. When each one is done, put onto paper towels to allow excess oil to come off.
- Then plate up and serve immediately or these would be great to store in fridge or freezer.!