THIS IS THE MOST SPONGIEST (if that’s not a word I have now trademarked it) AND CHOCOLATEY BANANA BREAD EVERRRR! To take this up a notch I decided to add into the middle of the batter chocolate brownie nugglets from Livias and they are bombbb!
There are so many recipes for banana bread out there and I have tried so many but I never write them down… so now I am finally blogging my recipe this one will be a keeper for sure. Here goes…
125g plain GF flour
150g ground almonds
2 tsp cinnamon
4 ripe bananas (if they aren’t ripe, did you know you can pop them in the oven with skin on to blacken them!)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp bicarb of soda
190ml maple syrup or other sweetener
1 can of chickpea water (not the chickpeas!) – use those for another dish
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 pack of Choc Brownie Nugglets
Dark chocolate top (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 170 degrees fan / 375 Fahrenheit and line a loaf pan with baking paper or grease.
- Mash bananas with a form in a mixing bowl and then add your flour, almond flour,cinnamon, baking powder, bicarb and mix really well.
- Then add in your maple, chickpea water and apple cider vinegar and ensure all is incorporated well. The mixture will be quite runny but do not panic, this is normal for vegan recipes.
- Now pour half the batter into the loaf tin, then place your nugglets in and top with remaining batter. Then add on your dark chocolate roughly chopped into chunks or grated over the top.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes. The bread should be squidgy to touch when done. Allow to cool (not completely as who doesn’t love warm banana bread) and then slice and eat! You can totally dress it up more by topping with nut butters, fruit, dairy free yogurt, whatever you love.